Monday, October 31, 2016

That Kleptomaniac Talking Horse

Lots of notes to be taken, and read, and reread... We sampled some chocolate chips in my chocolate class today. Last Wednesday we tasted various chocolates from various parts of the world- all dark chocolates without additional sugars or flavorings added, so just the natural flavors of those areas. One of them tasted like Froot Loops and another tasted like lavender. That was weird.

I made spaghetti for dinner tonight. It tasted better than the last time I tried, although it wasn't the most amazing.

We weren't planning to trick-or-treat tonight. My first year not, possibly. Demetria invited Eliza over to watch something. She came in her pajamas and with her knitting, and we watched the first four or five episodes of "Over the Garden Wall". Demetria and I had both seen it on our own time pre-college, but this was Eliza's first introduction to the series. She's getting really into it. Shame there are only ten episodes, but it's also kind of nice, too, since every episode is valuable to the plot. Still, I wonder why the creators chose to make it a miniseries instead of an actual movie.

As we watched, Demetria named the different actors who voiced characters in the show. Apparently Doc from "Back to the Future" is the woodsman... That's actually the only one I remember. Just judging by ear, I'm 99% sure that Fred the talking horse is voiced by the same guy who played Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy in "WordGirl", though. I didn't notice my first watch through, but once I thought of it I couldn't unhear it.

That was my Halloween: Homework, doing a required online alcohol education and sexual assault prevention course thing, and watching a Halloween-esque show about lost half-brothers in the woods.