Saturday, October 8, 2016

Bugs and Bats With Alphabet Hair

Today Demetria and I cleaned the kitchen. I also watched more "Jimmy Neutron" episodes than I ever expected to in my life. As it turns out, Jimmy is a much bigger jerk than I gave him credit for. I approve of this. I can't resist bitter characters who make comments like, "Hey, apparently, the candy I made is so good, everyone in town is addicted to it! Let the exploitation begin!" and "Cheating is wrong, but I'm too wrapped up in my need to win to care". Still a weird show, though.

This afternoon we took the bus into town to find the Verizon store. Demetria and her dad had bought her a new phone online a bit ago, and it was time to pick it up.

The problem was, the employees said she couldn't have it unless the person who paid for the phone picked it up in person. Her dad lives in Arizona. Actually, he's a traveling salesman, so I don't know if he's actually in Arizona right now. 

Either way, they wouldn't let Demetria take it, no matter how she bargained. Which seems odd, since the website let them buy it from Arizona and schedule for it to be picked up at a location in Utah. The last I heard, she was switching to AT&T. We'll see if that works out.

Next, we hopped back on the bus and made our way to Lee's. I grabbed milk and bananas, and we bought some ice cream for our little birthday party we're having on Friday, since it was on sale. Then it was a fairly relaxing remainder of the day in our room with some studying and stuff mixed in.

Speaking of "fairly", I also found the time to sit down and finish the "Fairly OddParents" height chart I've been picking at for awhile now. Just something entirely self-indulgent for my birthday. It looks something like this:


Beaver boy, secretly-savage foster dad, and paranoid mama bear

 Purple hippie dragonfly obsessed with being the popular kid, 
fluffy bat prince nerd with dissociative identity disorder, 
and the most accurate bat biology character on the show
because yes, I'm still laughing about the "eats with her feet" jokes

 Closet vegetarian head over heels for idiot wife from arranged marriage, 
rich and asexually-reproducing wasp dad who likes technology and memes,
and music-obsessed assistant guy with crippling separation anxiety

Cheerful part-time drunk mob boss / part-time fashion tornado,
sarcastic troll bound to a lava lamp and bent on destroying Canada,
and butterfly child who pretends to be oblivious when she's obviously not

 Problematic perfectionist willing to betray her friends' trust for good grades, 
soul-stealing star puppy, bitter five-year-old imaginary friend, 
and socially-awkward alien kid who will disintegrate in the presence of affection

Giant squishy best friend who will die if he touches candy
and moody teen dream boyfriend with three first names

(And I have a friend whose birthday was today, and she really likes Norm the genie, so I let her have a thing too.)