Saturday, October 29, 2016

Holly's Party

I had my hair-removal appointment today, and spent some time with my family. I voted, and we watched the second half of that "Doctor Who" episode from yesterday. I'm not planning to come home for Thanksgiving (although I'll see them for Christmas), so it was good to have this time with them.

Mom and Dad both drove me up to Logan. While he was here, my dad took a look at my blender and said he thought he could buy the part needed to replace it, and we don't have to buy an entirely new blender. Nice.

They both came up with me because my mom wanted to attend a Halloween party hosted by an old friend of hers who lives in this area. Holly was my mom's first roommate. They haven't really kept in contact a lot, but they'd talked about this party and this was their first time meeting in twenty years.


There was some really great food at that party, and Demetria and I got to enjoy dressing up again. Holly was very nice to me and insisted that if I ever need anything, I should let her know. She said I should come for dinner sometime. I told her I didn't have transportation to get to her house, but she gave me her number and said she could pick me up for things like this. Good to have someone in the area who could get to me faster than my parents if I needed her to. Holly was dressed like a clown for the Halloween party. I wonder what she looks like underneath?

My parents dropped me and Demetria off back at Blue Square. Tonight we watched one of Demetria's favorite movies, "Penelope". It was very good, and after it was over, I deeply enjoyed having the opportunity to sleep in my own bed. Tomorrow we have Stake Conference at the tabernacle... We just need to find a way to get a ride down there... The buses don't run on Sunday.