Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Spaghetti and Psychology

Our rat is doing very well. Much better than he was just a few days ago. His task is to climb a set of stairs made of taped-together Jenga blocks, slip through a hoop (in the right direction), then turn left, get on his hind paws, and touch a hanging ball with his nose before circling to the stairs again from the correct side of the hoop. We finally got him to stop rubbing the ball with his cheek. It also looks like he finally realizes that even if he taps the ball ten times, he'll only receive the one reinforcer until he goes through the hoop again.

Some time ago I made an appointment with one of the advisers of psychology, and today was the day I paid her a visit. We talked about class schedules and careers, and she told me not to worry too much about trying to pick all psychology-oriented classes. It looks like I'm on track to graduate in 2019 right now.

This evening I made spaghetti in my special red pot for the first time. I picked up this red pot before leaving for college, and it's the best. It has a handle that doesn't heat up and a lid that locks on. The lid is also a strainer, it has a flap for adding additional small ingredients, and on top of it is a handle that stirs the pot's contents when you turn it. It even came with a utensil that's partially spoon, partially fork, partially knife, and partially for measuring out portion sizes.

So I made spaghetti in that for the first time (up until now I had only made macaroni). It didn't taste very good, but I did remember to add all the ingredients, and I got to use my pumpkin-shaped salt shaker, and I made the correct amount of noodles for a single person, so I'm considering it a success.

I ate it while sitting in bed reading my psychology textbooks. That was enjoyable.