Thursday, February 23, 2017

Abnormal Psych Test 2 of 5

This morning I woke up, showered, ate breakfast, and went about getting ready for my day. Only after I was already in stats class did I remember I'd wanted to go early for tutoring today! Drat! Oh well. Jeff and I made plans to meet on Saturday around noon at the library. I told him I was free all day Friday (which is also the only day between the two that the shuttles will be running), but he said he was busy. Well, I guess I'm walking up a snowy hill, then! At least I have someone smart whom I can rely on to help me out on this exam. It would be a pain if I had no one to double-check my answers against.

On my way to stats class, I had texted the red bus to see when it was going to be here. As I was coming down the stairs from the fourth floor, it was four minutes away. One minute later I was almost to the stop when I thought I saw it coming down the hill. Quickly, I texted it again (I've set the texting keywords for four different stops to auto fill-ins on my phone, so when I type "qq" it gives me the stop right outside Blue Square, and "ww" for the one at the TSC, et cetera). 

Despite it being only a minute and a half to two minutes later, that was indeed the bus. I was on the opposite side of the street, separated from it by two crosswalks. Although it stayed quite awhile to load everyone up, I did not make it. Oh well. At least the stadium stop is right across the street from it. So I rode up to the TSC and walked from there to the fine arts building. I was about a minute late, but no harm done.

Someone left their phone in class today (it ended up right under my seat, suggesting it belonged to the girl who'd been sitting right behind me), so I brought it up to my teacher. As I was waiting for the chance to speak with her, I looked through the phone's contacts in search of a parent I could text, though I wasn't sure how that parent would help. I was just going back to the screen of the last person who had been texted, hoping that person might be at USU, when the girl came back. I returned her phone and realized then how grateful I am to be the kind of person who sees a lost phone and thinks "I should do everything I can to return this" instead of taking it for myself.

After class, I had some time to be at home. After checking up with my online friends, I made one of those instant cups of macaroni and cheese and studied, of course, up until it was about time to go. I feel like the test went well! It was definitely harder than the first one. Many questions were easy and I breezed through them in seconds, but there were several that I hovered over (trying to remember, for example, if people with generalized anxiety disorder universally suffer from increased heart rate, or increased muscle tension, or decreased electroencephalograph readings, and so on).

I tried to take my time with this test, especially since I was planning to stay until the answers were revealed. But when I was done half an hour later, there were still forty minutes left in class. I didn't have anywhere to be, but I just wasn't in the mood for sitting. My math assignment was due tonight, so I went home.

I did some reading, and then got to work on that math. It took me quite awhile, but eventually I scored 100% and I'm feeling a lot more confident about t-statistics and things, which is good since it's the stuff I need to know for this take-home exam. Hoorah! I spent the rest of the night doing some sketches while I watched "ChalkZone" instead of while listening to my abnormal psych terms. It's nice to be done studying for that class for a bit! Tomorrow will be the day of doing all the homework I've put off this week. Yep, it'll be fun.