Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What a Busy Wednesday Looks Like

This was my first Wednesday where I had all my classes and my lab, since last time I had the lab, my teacher cancelled because she was sick, I think. It was pretty long and busy, but I made it work.

We talked in English about explicit and implicit arguments, and looked at political cartoons. Also, we're now required to learn about "fake news" and "alternative facts", which my teacher was a bit miffed about, but this is the world we live in now.

After it was over, I headed to the Emma Eccles Jones building. It was an hour before my lab, but I didn't think it would be worth the time to go home and clean my room and then come back. Instead, I worked on math homework. The lab helped, since there were concepts in the homework I didn't remember going over in class, or at least not in as much detail as was needed for the assignment. I told Jeff I'd be out of town this weekend, so we made plans to work on our next take-home tests on our own, then compare answers next Wednesday again.

I again elected to wait on campus instead of going home, even though it was, again, an hour before the next class. Career is in the same building, so I just made myself comfortable to wait. We talked about research, and about contacting professors on campus and asking if they worked with undergraduates (which the majority of them apparently do). Maybe I'll talk to my stats teacher tomorrow, or make an appointment with her. She studies romantic relationships.

This time, I actually did go home to get some cleaning done. I cleared off my dresser drawers, cleared off my computer desk, and ate some instant macaroni before hurrying off to interior design. Class today was all right. We talked about scale and proportions, and looked at weird old paintings. Apparently my teacher was in an art history class once and really enjoyed it. That figures.

I stayed on campus until Institute. We talked about the miracle of turning the water into the wine, and about traditions with water and cleansing rituals in that time period.

Tonight, I talked to one of my friends who was still awake. I told her I picked the screenshot I was going to use as a pose reference for our "draw the squad" picture:

He's smaller than both the door handle and his dog I'm dying

And probably none of you care that much, but I wasn't satisfied with my ZoneSwap Danny (since he was wearing his canon clothes), so I recolored him with inverse colors. Yes, he is good now: