Saturday, February 4, 2017

Almost Enough Freckles

I spent some time this morning enjoying my light-homework weekend (It sure is nice to have classes where the tests aren't cumulative!) and working on some writing. I mentioned yesterday that I made and used a freckle scatter brush, and here is what I did with it:

Why has this brilliant child who wants to learn how to 
have good grammar slipped under the fandom radar?

I usually draw vectors (I think?), and I've wanted to try "painting" for a long time, so this was a learning experience. Took freakin' forever, though. Instead of using the paint bucket, I took the brush and colored inside all the lines. If I wanted to be a serious artist, I'd probably practice with this technique more. I might still use it occasionally, but mostly I just draw for fun. My skills are good enough that I feel comfortable sharing stuff I draw with my friends who tend to be way better artists than me, so I'm in a good place right now.

Beyond dishes, laundry, and cleaning the bathroom, a lot of my day was spent working on an assignment for my psychology as a career class (which will hereafter be referred to as "my career class"). I had to write a resume and cover letter angled towards a job I would actually like to have, the goal being that we could be critiqued on these and have them ready in case we do want to apply for those jobs.

After some searching, I finally found an open job at PetSmart that actually looked interesting, as a customer engagement leader. The funny thing is, I could probably get this job if I want to. It's unlikely they have many certified veterinary assistants applying to work there. Maybe I'll think about it. I'd need to figure out if I have a reliable way to get there (buses, I guess), and it would only be for three months, so I'd have to ensure they were okay with that. I've never had a real job before where I actually go in and work - only unpaid internships, and work editing manuscripts for Covenant Communications, which were paid but doesn't feel like a job because I never went in or had regular hours - and I would like to continue building my resume for future use.

So I worked a lot on that today, and called Mom for help when it came to checking dates, took a break to bring up the groceries that Demetria and I had ordered to be delivered, and was finally able to get it finished. All done! No more homework this weekend! Just studying.

My grade for my interior design project (the one I built the trashcan for) came back today. I received a score of 14/15, with one point taken off for "quality of design"- probably because my project was based around a cardboard box and I didn't refurbish chairs and sell them for $2,000. Could be worse!