Friday, February 3, 2017

Fanart Friday

Since nothing super noteworthy happened to me today, aside from the fact that I did my quizzes, did some writing, and discovered how to make a freckle scatter brush in Illustrator and put it to good use, here's a little Fanart Friday fun! My friends are much too good to me, so as promised, here are those Gavins and Ethels from awhile back!

Warm-up sketches...

Lineart

Some shading and details - 
Look at the cool brush she uses there at the bottom!

Voila! Magical vest children to go!
If you click and drag, it's transparent!

As a last bonus, here's a drawing one of my other friends surprised me with, since she'd drawn these two once before and was sad that her old art didn't reflect their updated designs:


My original design for Gavin included long hair, but both of these two gave him short and fluffy hair instead, and I'm kind of in love with it now. I also gave Gavin brown feathers on his face and arms, because the blue ones were supposed to be for his neck ruffle alone, but my friends seem to like them this way and they both did a great job with them (and now his feathers are bioluminescent!?!), so I'll take it! Monkey boy is evolving to parrot boy.

It will be exciting to block out the time to work on this story again when life doesn't keep be so busy!