Friday, February 24, 2017

I Wanted to Know if Chalk People Bleed Powder

Fridays are great! Just one class in the morning and you're done! We talked about logical fallacies. Most of my day after that was spent working on all that homework I pushed to the end of the week in order to study for my abnormal psych test. I emailed my teacher, put together my interior design assignments, and finished a math quiz with a score of 9/10.

After lunch, I called Mom while I did some chores like wash dishes, sweep the floor, and chop up more frog food. We talked about school and things, and I checked my email and found out I scored 27/30 on my abnormal psych test. Not too bad. I had the chance to say hi to Preston too.

After a break, it was back to more homework. I read a section of my English textbook and took a quiz on "precise language and being eloquent". I scored 9/10, and of course the question I got wrong was the only one I went back and changed:


I thought "in those days" was fine. "Long before the present era" seemed very pompous and unnecessary. The only reason I changed it was because this was supposed to be a lesson on speaking eloquently, and I thought maybe "long before the present era" fit those qualifications. I have no proof that it wasn't the first option, which would be less annoying because then if I'd stuck to my first answer I still would have been wrong, but I was bitter for awhile afterwards anyway.

Then I ate, did some catching up on my blog, and Demetria and I watched more "Star" tonight (They've been doing a big February dump after their long hiatus, can you tell? It's very strange that they're not pacing the episodes, but this seems to be a common thing with cartoon channels). 

And, I may as well show this. Linzie's getting excited about watching "ChalkZone", but she's been having computer/Internet troubles or something recently and it hasn't been high on her priority list. But she's seen the first several episodes, and she lets me talk to her about non-spoilery things. 

As I said before, I've watched some of the "ChalkZone" episodes again myself over the last month to refresh my memory, and remembered how much I love this show. It's very cute, and I love the way it's set in a small town (I'm writing a small town for the first time in Protagonist For Hire). "Danny Phantom" is set in the middle of a big city and "Fairly OddParents" is more suburbs-based, so it's funny that I've got these three different settings to watch characters interact in. It's very useful to study.

Anyway, there are five people who sit on Plainville's town council. One of them is Reggie's dad, so I thought it would be amusing if ten or fifteen years in the future, Reggie gained a seat on the council himself. He's always very well-dressed and proper for a cartoon bully, so I think he'd like that. Then Penny is a bit of an activist, so I added her to the future council too, and Michelle because I wanted to draw her. Given her personality and actions in the show, there is no doubt in my mind that she marries Reggie (since not only does she invite him to all her parties despite the fact that he's a jerk to everyone except her, but the girl canonically thinks large crooked teeth are attractive, for crying out loud), and I thought she'd have a field day teasing him here. So, here are some town council pals walking back from a long meeting in the rain:

Penny's coat is based off her outfit in 
"Chalk Queen", Reggie's from "Reggie the Red"

Now I really wanna make a town council for Protagonistby which 
mean I really just wanna research small town politics for days because yes

I've been picking at this piece on and off for awhile (It's a nice way to take my mind off homework and studying without getting too carried away in my writing projects, or I'd get sucked in for hours). It's obviously still a work in progress since it needs shading and a background, among other details, but it's coming along. Reggie here is very upset that these lovely gals outvoted him on something or other. Mostly because one is his fiancĂ©e and he doesn't need this kind of negativity in his life right now with the wedding just around the corner. They're very cute and I like them all.

(P.S.: Stockton, I looked it up and it turns out that chalk is comprised of calcium carbonate. Who knew?)