Friday, February 10, 2017

I'm Shoooppppping In the Rain

I lent Demetria my computer speakers because she had a friend from theater class who was supposed to come over today to watch something or other after things hadn't worked out with the third friend in the group. In the end though, he cancelled, so Demetria brought the speakers back to me. I came back from English to see her vacuuming and stuff, and helped her sweep the floor, so we got a clean apartment out of it. I won't complain.

As I was waiting for the bus to show, I called Mom and was surprised to hear she was at the cabin. We talked about my English essay for a bit. I hope it turns out well. When the bus arrived, I went grocery shopping. The weather app said it would rain all day long, but that it was likely to snow tomorrow. I specifically chose to go to Smith's so when I was done shopping, I could wait for the bus under the transit center's overhang. A good choice, I think. Demetria had asked if I'd pick up some toothpaste for her, and I bought some stuff like milk and bananas. There was a small loaf of something called buttermilk bread, so I decided to give it a try.

Demetria was out to one of her classes when I got back, so I decided to make a ham and cheese sandwich, do dishes, and get some homework done. I emailed my English teacher about my proposal (to ask her to make sure she could open the file I'd submitted, since it wouldn't let me take back my submission and use a PDF instead of a Word document). I read a chapter in my psychology career book. Then I did a quiz for stats. 11/12 isn't too bad. Additionally, that i>clicker score was corrected. Instead of a 0 out of 100, it was changed to 1 out of 1. I guess I didn't miss that question after all (I didn't remember missing questions on a day when we'd only had one, so I was glad to see that). This brought my grade up an entire 5%. Wow.

I called Mom and asked if I could talk to Preston. I have this map of my fantasy world, and I wanted to talk to Preston about the possibility of using it in Multimedia Fusion, hoping that I could roll over a country with my mouse and have it pop up with that country's name, flag, leader, language, et cetera.

Kopii

Yeah... That took awhile to draw

So I played with Multimedia Fusion for a bit, but couldn't really get it to work the way I wanted. I'll have to try more later, and maybe talk to Stockton and Dad too.

I took a shower, and it turned out that I had good timing, because later tonight I received an email saying that due to the rain and snow, Logan is having flood and sewer system issues and we're supposed to start conserving water.

Demetria and I watched a new "Star" tonight. It's quite the interesting show. Today Marco spent sixteen years hunting down a lady with about a hundred and fifty clones, and he had to destroy each one of them to find the one who had taken Star's dimensional scissors, because he refused to go back home without them. Of course, Star shortly thereafter burst in to tell Marco he'd only been gone for eight minutes on Earth. It was pretty intense. He didn't really want to come home. But in the end, he did. And reverted back to being fourteen again, obviously. He wasn't too happy about losing his abs or leaving his pet dragon, Nachos. Fun times.

And tonight I also finished a drawing that I started back in November. I'm pretty pleased with it:

Whoever's interrupting his coffee break must have a deathwish

Ayep. I really, really like the Pixies, and since I was so pleased with how the sketch came out, I wanted to do something I normally don't and include a background. Not too shabby at all.