Monday, February 13, 2017

ZoneSwap

I had a pretty great day today. Our next English project isn't do for a month (we have to find and properly cite sources). It took a bit for the shuttle to leave the TSC. There was a weird smell, so when I first got in, I thought the bus had been recently cleaned. Nope. The dashboard was smoking. Oh.

But I was able to come home, do dishes, shower, eat, and rest before my career class. We had a guest speaker talk to us about rehabilitation counseling. Oh, and I got my grade back for my resume. 25 out of 25. It was funny because my teacher sent an email telling us to read the comments we got, as well as a list of things that "almost all of us" could improve on. She didn't give me any comments. I guess I did well! I hope that's true.

Interior design was actually enjoyable as well. We discussed staging and looked at before and after shots of rooms that designers had changed before the house was sold. Okay, I can see the point of interior designers when they do that. It made a dramatic difference. I think I'm more interested in interior design when it involves taking a cluttered space and rearranging it, rather than taking an empty room and filling it with stuff I don't necessarily like. 

Though, by Friday, I have to stage a room (or draw one, but that comes with its own caveats, like having tons of details, color - with colored pencils or specific markers - and a carpet sample from Home Depot). Staging my bedroom (as opposed to the living room) is probably a good way to go, if I do a before and after shot. It can get a little cluttered. Maybe I'll move the frog tank in for the picture. And our project from last time (my cardboard trashcan) is supposed to be in it too. Hmm.

After studying for awhile, I started a stream and my friends joined me. They stuck around for a long while, right to the end, and it was great. We made Galentines jokes and enjoyed one another's company. Then we got on the subject of drawing (unsurprisingly), and long story short, we've all been assigned to find a screenshot from one of the cartoons we like and draw ourselves mimicking one of the characters, in our own style. Then we'll put them together in one picture, somehow. Gotta draw the squad, right?

So during my stream, I did the ZoneSwap thing, yep yep:

I'll probably add a cool glow to his hand or something?

Although this boy embodies perfection as he is

It's nice when one can spend part of the day working hard, and in the evening spend it drawing silly things and bouncing "What if"s and "Just imagine"s off some good friends. Better than a Valentine's date! One day I probably won't get to enjoy great nights like this anymore.