Sunday, August 20, 2017

Day Before Eclipse

We attended a random sacrament meeting at 9:00 this morning. It was pretty crowded. We walked through the chapel, down a hall, to a separate gym-like room with tons of chairs and a projector. I wonder if it's always like that, or if there are just tons of tourists this time of year, especially with the eclipse happening tomorrow.

I was not enthusiastic when I saw one of hymns was 185, "Reverently and Meekly Now". This was the same hymn we sung at the singles' ward last week, and it was SO SLOW. Seriously, we were probably singing for ten minutes then, and I felt awkward the whole time because my cough has left me unable to sing very well. Hopefully that clears up. That would be weird to lose my singing ability permanently. I whispered to Dad as we searched for the page that this was the slow when from the week before, and after we had sung, he noted, "That wasn't so bad- these people sang at a normal speed."

We hung out at the cabin with cousins, mostly. I did I read Gone With the Wind and got a lot of writing done, so that was pretty nice.