Friday, August 11, 2017

Boating at the Cabin

We were up at the cabin all day today! Pancakes for breakfast and pizza for lunch. Nice.

In the afternoon we went on the boat again. I rode the knee board. It's been a couple of years, so it was nice to try it again. I finally fell off when I went over the wake and landed crookedly. Preston gave the board a try after that, and I gave him some tips.


He really enjoyed it. Dad tied a piece of licorice to the rope and tried sending it down to Preston on his second try. Preston bounced the rope up and down a lot, but couldn't shake it all the way down and crashed before long.


Mom went out next, and she was able to get the licorice. I bundled Preston up in towels and fed him crackers and candy while we watched from the front of the boat.



We went tubing after that- Preston, Stockton, and me again. This trip, Steve has driven the craziest I've ever seen him! We were lashed back and forth. It was quite amusing, considering that Preston was on board. I never got tube rides quite like this when I was his age.

At one point, the rope between the tube and the boat slackened as Steve made a sharp turn. The tube bobbed in the opposite direction the boat was turning. It was obvious that we were about to get whipped hard, but I tried to cling on anyway. No use. We felt a huge snap and I flew over, backwards and on my head. Again, I was grateful for the life jacket.


We rode for awhile longer, and I was glad that I'd gone out on the tube with the boys again. It started to rain. We hurried for the shore and packed up. I hope Jorja, Brandon, and Weston weren't too disappointed that they didn't get another turn. But I think they were glad to be back at the cabin. The rain poured down pretty hard.

I got in pajamas and read Gone With the Wind while Dad made spaghetti, and then we had ice cream. It was a pretty nice way to end a fun day with family.