Thursday, August 24, 2017

So Long, Neuroscience

Today I met with my psychology adviser. Last night, I'd received an email from someone at the Willow Park Zoo, asking if I would be interested in volunteering with them this fall. I'd planned to do so when I could use the hours towards my apprenticeship class at USU. However, I wasn't in that apprenticeship class anymore. The Willow Park people had requested I contact them again in winter, and so I'd planned to take the class in spring.

Anyway, I went up to campus today, which was, again, another long walk. I guess the buses won't start actually running until next week, and with all that construction outside my door, it doesn't look like they'll be stopping in front of Blue Square for a long time. Oh well.

I caught my adviser at the perfect time, and explained the situation to her. She agreed that if I had someone offering me a position, I should probably take it. We studied my schedule and ended up dropping my neuroscience class. This will leave me with nothing to do on Wednesdays and Fridays until my Fiction Writing class at 2:30. That gives me all morning for volunteering. Hopefully that works out great!

Sometime soon, I'll need to ride the bus down to Willow Park again, so I can figure out how long it takes me to get there. Last time I went, I rode the bus and was able to walk to Wendy's and make it to an earlier stop before the bus came. So, maybe I'll plan on that sort of excursion. The problem will be getting to a bus when they don't run on my road because, again, construction. I suppose if I get up to campus, I could take a city bus to the transit center. I'm sure they'll still run their Willow Park route as normal, and perhaps I could even grab a few groceries from the Smith's at the center while I'm out.