Friday, August 25, 2017

Inhale

Mom met up with me this morning. She brought my keys, which was great. I was able to return the rental keys and get my lanyard back. Then we walked around campus for a bit, identifying some of my classrooms for the year.

We drove away from Logan after that. She dropped me off at Dad's work, and we ate lunch there. Then Mom went home and left me to hang out with Dad. I worked on some writing, and got some soft serve ice cream with him and one of his friends.

Today I met with the doctor who works right next to the Overstock building. They were supposed to check my iron levels at my dentist's request, and I took the opportunity to ask about my cough as well. As it turns out, apparently that horrible cough I've been suffering from for a month is bronchitis. The doctor gave me an inhaler to use. Lovely. As she showed me how it worked, I comforted myself with the fact that, "Well, it looks like I'm going to have to use this several times a day for a couple of weeks, so getting a little poke when they draw my blood will be nothing."

Silly me- I'd been expecting a little shot. But as a certified veterinary assistant, I should know better. I squeezed a pink ball to make the vein in my arm enlarge, and got poked there. It stayed in while they drew three centrifuge tubes' worth of my blood. At least I only had to get poked once. I was trying to figure out how that worked, and the lady who drew my blood tried to explain how she had switched between the three different tubes without removing the needle from my arm, but I didn't really get it.

I get to hear the lab results on Monday. I guess we'll find out then if I'm having any thyroid issues. Good to know.