Saturday, August 19, 2017

Sink Is Cleaned

We all took the motorhome up to Utah State so I could get most of my stuff moved in (like sheets, dishes, my computer, etc.) on our way up to the cabin.

Afterwards, we went to eat at Angie's. Preston had wanted to "clean the sink" (order a lot of ice cream to share between us) when these guys visited me over Thanksgiving. I also hoped to go so we could have one last family meal before I return to college. What could be better than food at the local restaurant and tons of yummy ice cream too?

Stockton, the sink, me

Stockton bowed our earlier, turned off by the strawberries. He kept saying, "I warned you the strawberries would get everywhere." Mom had been insistent that they would be confined to just one side of the sink. When it arrived, Stockton was not impressed. Still, he was a good sport. Mom, Preston, and I ate a lot of it, with Preston hunched over the sink by the end scooping everything up with his spoon. Draw drank the liquid that was left.

Jorja, Stockton

Preston

After that was done, we drove up to the cabin and got to see several happy cousins. Anne in particular was excited to show off her "Heart of Te Fiti" necklace. In fact, we watched "Moana" tonight. I'd spent a lot of time playing with Jeff, who had found a tiny rubbery red ball that came apart and together again like an Easter egg. He had great fun endlessly putting the two halves together and trying to get them apart again, and asking me for help when needed. Eventually, he figured out if he threw the ball on the floor, sometimes it would come apart, and then, again, it would click back good as new. Oh boy. 

Anyway, he liked hanging around me, and let me tuck him into a chair next to mine so we could watch "Moana" too. He's such a quiet, still boy and watched almost the entire thing before he climbed down to cuddle with his dad on the floor and fell asleep. Pretty nice way to spend a day.