Thursday, August 17, 2017

Milkshakes

I drew a quick reference for a new character that was introduced during that party scene. Otherwise, I did more writing and research today. Trying to figure things out. I've set that 22,500 word scene aside and am ready to dive back into writing The Worth of Ink soon.

I got some nice comments about my writing from my online friends today, which was a pleasant pick-me-up. For dinner, Mom and Stockton called and asked if we wanted anything to eat. Jorja had been sick all day and requested a milkshake, much to my surprise. Dad started to tell Mom I had asked if we could have spaghetti for dinner, but I quickly intervened and asked for a milkshake too. I thought, "If Mom gets Jorja a milkshake when she's been sick for one day when I've been suffering with my horrible cough for weeks, I will not be a happy camper."

The milkshake was good, and Mom was amused when I told her my thought process after she got back, so it all worked out.