Friday, August 18, 2017

Hidden Chocolate Milk

Today, Mom and I went school shopping. I picked up a small spiral notebook I plan to sketch in sometimes. I filled up a notebook with sketches last year, most of them done in pen. It's annoying to sharpen pencils now that I'll be saying good-bye to the electric sharpener, but I hate using pens on copy paper. Having a sketching notebook makes a good compromise, and there are lines in it so I can use it for notes if I wish.

We toured the new MTC this morning. They had some really cool murals which were lit from behind with lights so they glowed.

Dad, Preston, Me, Jorja, Stockton

As I said, Mom and I shopped today. Mostly for clothes. I own a lot of clothes that are knitted sweaters with holes, or jacket-like covers and things, but I never have enough undershirts to wear beneath them. We picked some up and found some cool new things too. Normally I hate clothes shopping, but today it wasn't so bad. Mostly because I had the authority to pick out what I wanted, I guess. Shopping was a bit less fun when I was little and couldn't see what was on the racks and shelves too well.

I thought I'd try out one of my new shirts when we all went out to eat tonight. Jorja even did my make-up before we went, since she's become a lot better at it than me, and then we went to Chuck-A-Rama. Dad had come from work, so he drove there separately. Our goal was to get in before 4:00, dinner is more expensive than lunch. Preston and I got out of the car and were hurrying towards the door when we saw Dad jump out of his car and sprint past us. We got in at 3:59, I think. Nice save.

Me, Jorja

I piled macaroni and corn on my plate, along with a large scone and a giant roll. I even had a bowl of clam chowder, which I'm pretty sure I ate at the Skyroom with Alison once, and kind of liked. To my disappointment, though, there were no fountains with chocolate milk. I mused about it to Stockton and Jorja when I dropped my food off at the booth. Then I went to prowl the room again (partly to find that corn I wanted). 

While I was mentioning the lack of chocolate milk to Mom, an employee approached me to confirm that I wanted it. Apparently, she'd come by the table, and Stockton had asked her about it. She said they kept the chocolate milk in the back, but she would get me some. She continued offering us refills throughout the rest of the night. Huh.

Tonight, we stopped by the cemetery to visit Mom's mom's grave, since Grandma Millburn would have been 70 if she were still alive. I never knew her, and it's weird sometimes to think that my life could be different if I had. I hope that she is happy, and that when I cross paths with her again in heaven, she'll be kind and loving and proud of me just the way Mom always says she'll be.