Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tenth

We drove up to the cabin today! Dad set the Wii up in the car so the four of us kids could play Mario Party 6 together. We stopped at Gamestop to pick up a new controller for it, since before now we've only had three.

We made it to the cabin shortly before Steve and Shannon arrived with Brandon and Weston. Even though it was late afternoon, we took their boat out into the reservoir to scout the scene.



I didn't ride my usual knee board today, but we did tube at the end, and that was fun. It was Preston, Stockton, and me, and we bounced pretty hard at the end as we were swinging to the right. That's the side that I was sitting on. Preston was on the opposite side and didn't weigh too much, so we tipped all the way over and crashed hard. Stockton bumped into me as we were going over, I think.

I went in the water face-first. I'm grateful for life jackets. It's scary to think of what I would have done without one.