Saturday, August 12, 2017

Nice Try, Nacho Hog

We had planned to go on the boat again today. I got in my swimsuit and everything! But, the sky kept threatening to rain, and finally did later in the afternoon. We stayed inside and played games like Bananagrams instead.

Dad made some nachos for lunch. I had a lot of them, and then Steve declared he was going to make more. He took the plate and was in the kitchen for a bit, and after awhile I realized he hadn't come back to the table. When I turned around, he was at the other table with the nachos. I went and sat next to him and said, "You betrayed me". He was amused, and let me have some of the chips. Nice.

Mom also heard from Uncle Brett that he won't be going to Kuwait. He's going to the United Arab Emirates. Should be interesting. It's near Dubai, and maybe that will be fun. I was amused when Mom told me how his girls didn't know he was leaving until a few days ago. We adults have known for a long time, so it never occurred to me that they might not. Good thing I didn't slip and spill the secret early.

The cousins left in the afternoon. My family broke out The Farming Game, but I turned down the invitation to play it. I remember playing that game several years ago, and it was very, very long. Not really the way I wanted to spend my time at the cabin. Stockton was pretty frustrated with one of the spaces on the board- apparently he landed on it five times in a row, and each time had to go back to start. This prevented him from selling his twenty pregnant cows. Something like that. The game was long as predicted, and everyone went to bed with it still on the table, just in case they want to finish tomorrow. They probably won't, but at least it's an option.