Sunday, November 20, 2016

Car In Church

Today was a lot like yesterday. I worked on some homework and some personal writing projects, and of course I went to church as well. I scheduled an appointment to meet with the bishop next week for a temple recommend interview. A girl named Lexi sung in sacrament meeting today. In relief society, the teacher had me draw this scene on the board, and she told a story about driving home and having to pull over constantly to let the hot air out of the car, but she didn't really relate it to my picture so I don't know what that was all about:


Demetria had a small singing thing tonight, although I ended up not going to it. I'd already changed into my pajamas and was finally in the groove of getting homework done and not procrastinating. She assured me that it was fine and was sort of glad in the end that I hadn't come. She said it wasn't the best recital. We talked for awhile while we did laundry, too.

I've been working on the graphs and lab write-up for my rat lab class. I didn't realize until now that I was supposed to keep all of my physical data collection sheets even though I had already typed up all the data. Luckily I had them all organized in a drawer in my closet and knew exactly where they were. The lab write-up is worth 125 points, so I definitely don't want to blow it! It's certainly a long project, though, and it will be nice when it's finally done.

Also, since I told Eliza I'd mention this, her dad wrote a musical about the life of Jesus Christ called "Son of Man". I haven't sat down and listened to the songs yet, but Demetria seemed impressed, and she's the music person in this apartment. The project is a Kickstarter and time is almost up. I don't know if anyone who reads this blog would be interested in that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to shout it out.