Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Before Thanksgiving

Last Monday before Thanksgiving Break! I had my behavior class this morning, but the day off from horticulture, which was pretty nice. I've had my Institute essay questions finished for several days now, but of course I forgot to turn them in even though I brought them. I'll try to remember for next time. At least they're not racking up late points.

I talked to Mom during my long walk across campus, asking when she and the kids are coming up and stuff. We had a speaker in my chocolate glass. She works for The Guittard Company, and she brought small samples. The nibs and wafers weren't very good, but the chocolates were decent. Although, I can't taste the difference between the expensive and the semi-expensive varieties, and I still much prefer a cheap Hershey's bar any day.

Following my chocolate class I swung by the Aggie Marketplace to eat. I had half an hour before my SI for behavior analysis started. I was proud of myself for gathering the foods I did- for example, requesting that the person dishing out the spaghetti cook me only half as much as she might normally, since previous experience has taught me that I enjoy eating a variety of foods at buffets, and too much spaghetti does not help with that. I ate a vegetable casserole thing too, and tried the pizza for the first time. They never have cheese pizza, but I found an olive pizza that looked mostly like cheese. It was okay, but I like Little Caeser's better. I had a warm roll and things too, and the chocolate milk dispenser was working again, which was nice.

After I ate, I hurried over to SI. There were only three of us there today. I haven't been going lately because I've understood the material we've been learning and SI only occurs on my busiest two days, and I don't always want to balance another class on my plate when that happens. Today, I figured it was worth going since I'd gotten out of horticulture. Although I did understand the concepts and scored 100% on the ten-question practice quiz, it was kind of nice to go just to be able to talk about the things we'd learned that morning once again.

Demetria headed out to a Thanksgiving dinner the ward was hosting. I was full from the Marketplace and ready to rest at home, so I didn't go with her. It was really nice of her to clean the kitchen while I was out at my classes and SI, although we discovered that popcorn and cleaning supplies do not create the best smell together. She's leaving tomorrow to head home for the holidays, and I'll have the apartment to myself for a few days. That'll be good. Hopefully I can finish all the homework and studying that I need to do.