Thursday, November 24, 2016

Uh, Internet?

I accidentally became best friends with the most famous "Fairly OddParents" fanfiction writer in the fandom a few months ago, so that's been nothing but a delight. I fell in love with a story she wrote about Norm the genie getting a new master and actually liking this one, but - plot twist - his new master is eight years old, extremely shy, and doesn't feel like she deserves wishes and so doesn't make any for months on end, much to his chagrin.

It took her four years to finish and is exactly the kind of story I've always wanted to write- lots of character development, world-building, continuity, details, and best of all, romance is unimportant and everything revolves around friendship and family. What? And it's well-written? With an amazing plot, good grammar, and show plot holes that get solved? And the author is the sweetest person too? No way! I'm in the process of reading it again so I can point out all the things I like about each chapter, rather than babbling to her about everything I liked as a whole. She has an original book published too, and reading it is on my to-do list. I have been told there is a sentient teddy bear involved.

That's something I'm grateful for today- I'm grateful for dear, supportive friendships that fanfiction and the Internet can bring. Networking at its finest!

Awhile ago she and I were talking about Thanksgiving Break and I mentioned that my dad works for a shipping company (that'd be Overstock) and is always kept busy on Black Friday. Long story short, I made it a thing that Cyber Monday is the biggest holiday of the year for my beloved Pixies, and today I finally drew some doodles I've been wanting to for weeks. I even went all out with it and did it on a Join.Me so I could drag a few other friends of mine in to watch and we all laughed and talked about the psychology of the show and our own lives as I worked, and they helped me draw hands. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed it. Mom thinks I left my apartment today. Whoops.


... In the "Fairly OddParents" universe, all the Fairies loan their magic to Santa on Christmas so he can deliver presents across the world. I think it's really interesting that Santa dresses the same way the Pixies do all the other days of the year. He wears the tinted sunglasses and everything. Pixies Inc. and Kringle Inc. even have similar names. Makes one wonder if a certain someone did an unpaid internship in the North Pole...

When Santa absorbs all the Fairy power, he takes on the typical red and white suit. I thought it would be hilarious if the suit was the result of Fairy magic brimming at such a high frequency that the power becomes a physical manifestation in the most energetic Fairy magic color- red. So anyone who took on all the Fairy powers would end up looking like Santa. Don't forget to leave coffee and dry cereal in your mailboxes this Cyber Monday! Thirty-second delivery or your package is free!

I'm a sucker for morally-gray characters who act strict but are secretly ridiculous goofballs and H.P. is the best I love him he's so great. My rich, snarky, OCD, asexually-reproducing wasp dad. I always fall in love with the most obscure characters. I can't help it. He's so unique and well-written.

So that was how I spent my morning. I also studied too, though (I have a horticulture quiz I'm planning to take tomorrow), watched some shows, and gave some thought to my personal writing projects as well. And I recorded myself singing a song, because why not? I had a relaxing time and it was very pleasant. Why can't days like this go on forever? 

For some reason I never actually got hungry today, so it was pretty late when I finally made myself eat something. There were turkey slices in my fridge, but I ate pizza anyway. It was very good, too.