Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I'm Very Scientific With My Fairies

I had a nice day to spend alone in the apartment doing anything I wanted. Luckily I'm the kind of person who has fantasies about days like this, so I wasn't lonely at all. I did some drawing this morning, and watched a couple of Smurfs episodes while I did because for some reason I was randomly in the mood to.

I forgot how much I love Brainy. He's pretty fascinating for several reasons, not the least of which is because despite being undeniably smart, he's simultaneously very oblivious, and I think it's especially interesting that he's not the brains in the brains vs. brawn conflict. That's Handy and Hefty, who become very close friends if I remember correctly from when I watched the show years ago. Instead, it's Brainy against the village, and yet Papa Smurf trains him as his assistant and eventual successor anyway. Just an interesting, unique character design, I think. 

This is how I relax.

But soon enough, I got to work on that relevance project for my behavior analysis class. Our only requirements for this project were "relate something about psychology we talked about this term to your own life, and be as creative as you want, exception being that if you want to turn in your project via interpretive dance, you need special permission first". I went through with that plan of mine to discuss some psychology in "Fairly OddParents", although I limited myself to choosing just a few topics and only three episodes. It came out well, although for some reason the voices in the clips I used fade in awkwardly, and I couldn't fix that.

It took me most of the day, but I did it! The quality doesn't look quite as nice as the version I gave to my teacher, but if I had to pick, that's the way I'd go.

So if it works and you're interested, here is the finished product:


... This is how I go through my entire life. Psychology everywhere.