Saturday, November 5, 2016

Funderberker

As it turns out, although Andes Mints aren't sold at Lee's, they are sold at Walmart. I bought some that should last me awhile.

It does take an agonizingly long time to go out and shop there, though. Three hours, at least. So much of that time is wasted just riding the bus. Next time Demetria wants to go to Walmart, I may not go with her- the only thing I really wanted were some mini muffins anyway, since those aren't sold at Lee's either. I did get to check out the electronics and board game areas like I wanted to, though. 

And thanks to Google Docs, I was able to finish two chapters of my story while we were out. It was supposed to be one chapter called "Grand Father", but I thought 18,200 words was a little much for two and there was a good place to stop in the middle. Kind of nice to split it actually, since otherwise I would have had a page divider and that would have been my first divider in the story thus far. Now it's "Grand Father" and "Prodigal Progeny". 

I was a bit ticked to have to lose the double pun for "Grand Father" though since now "Prodigal Progeny" is the chapter where the protagonist returns to his dad's house after years of absence and introduces him to his son. But at least the "Grand Father" joke still works since my protagonist gets to show what a good (read: bad) dad he is.

Eliza came over today to watch the last few episodes of "Over the Garden Wall". Her reaction to finally meeting Jason Funderberker was everything I'd hoped it would be. She was muffle-screaming at Wirt constantly during the ninth episode, kicking her legs and telling him, "No, no, you idiot!" We finished off the show, and she said she liked it very, very much.

It was a good day.