Friday, November 25, 2016

Post-Turkey Day

Mom and the kids came up to visit me (Dad stayed behind for Black Friday, because that's what happens when you work for Overstock), and I forgot to take pictures. Well, that's only to be expected. I'll get the hang of this obsessive-documenting thing one day.

I was really excited to make a cake in Demetria's rice cooker for my family to partake of. I was just cleaning up when they arrived and asked me to meet them on the first floor with my elevator key. We hung out in the apartment and got them settled as I waited for the cake to cool and then frosted it.


We'd been wanting to see the new Disney movie "Moana", so Mom shuffled us out the door after that. The frosting set before I had the chance to put the sprinkles on, but I added some when we got back anyway.

The theaters were packed and the tickets were hard to come by. The only way we would be able to sit together was if we came back at 7:15 or so and watched the movie in 3D. It was almost 4:00, so Mom bought the tickets and then took me grocery shopping. I got everything I needed, and we had cake and ice cream when we made it back. Then we played some Apples to Apples. I won the first round, if memory serves.

When the time came, we went to see Moana. It was pretty good. My favorite line was probably, "Without my hook, I am nothing", and I enjoyed the hermit crab fellow. He was neat. And shiny. I thought he worked well in his role of revealing character backstories through songs and just adding a lot of character (and color) to his scene.

It was funny when we were sitting down, because we forgot to pick up our 3D glasses until the screen told us to put them on. Whoops. Mom is a good sport, so she snuck out to grab them for us. After the movie ended, we returned to Blue Square and got everyone settled in for bed. Preston zonked out immediately on the couch. These guys will be leaving sometime tomorrow, but it was nice to hang out with them while they had the chance.