Thursday, November 3, 2016

Wish List 2016

We took a love language test in Institute the other day. Since I've taken the test multiple times before, I wasn't surprised to see myself come out with the love language of gift giving first, with acts of service directly behind it. 

Physical touch came in last with an absolute zero, and words of affirmation only beat it because when faced between the two of them, I had to pick one. Quality time fought the good fight, but between those last two options, it couldn't be any lower if it wanted to. 

I'm just a very simple, easily-satisfied person. I like my personal space and I'm just not the type of girl who gets offended when some guy I like isn't paying attention to me every other day of my existence. Nah. I prefer my missionary boys focusing on what they're actually supposed to be doing out there in the field, thanks. There are only so many "let's go out and do something" events I can handle in a short amount of time. Or a long amount of time.

Anyway, in the spirit of gift giving, since I'm regularly informed I'm difficult to buy gifts for, I've compiled a short wish list of sorts for posterity's sake.

> My blender to be fixed!!!

> Those Crocs I ordered before school started that have been mailed to me three times, but always in the wrong size (despite me having ordered the right size)

> New headphones, maybe? My nice pair broke awhile ago and the black ones I have now aren't the most comfortable

> Another charging cord for my phone (Bonus points if it's long enough to reach the top of my computer desk)

> Dead Man Walking by A.R. Jones

> New black pens (I keep misplacing or using up the ones I have)

> Acne cream for my face (I like the small Mary Kay tubes that Mom picks up for me- they seem to help the most and they're quick and painless)

> A good ice pack (The one we have says "do not apply to skin", so like... Why does it exist?)

> A hook for my coat that wouldn't damage my wall

> I wouldn't say no to a very cool plastic clipboard and latches closed more solidly than my current one does since mine has technically been broken for the last four years, but that's not high priority

> A guiltless conscience

> If they sell very small lint rollers, that would be neat

> Maybe a scripture-marking pencil

> Candy (They don't sell Andes Mints up here)

> Ice cream is always nice (and there's a Cold Stone by the grocery store I've been meaning to swing by for awhile)

> Just. Free time to write everything I could ever want without pressing obligations breathing down my neck.

> Cheese cubes

That type of stuff.

Originally I had "A new five-subject notebook for spring semester" on this list too, but while searching my closet today, I found out I had a blank one yet. Perfect! I was thinking it was odd we'd only bought one.


Things I do not need:

> Cap erasers

I have an entire jar of them on my desk that I got for Easter and they have served me well.

> Sticky notes

I have been collecting sticky notes since I was seven years old. I brought all of them to college. I don't need any more.


If anyone found a quality Stop Thief game, cheap Settlers of Catan, or low-priced electric pencil sharpener, those would all be welcomed too.

I do want to get one of the new Pokémon games, although I haven't decided if I'd prefer Sun or Moon or if I want the cartridge or the app. I'm working on that.

In an ideal world I could have all my Audiobooks on a single account, but that's asking for a bit much.