Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday After Black Friday

Some people rise earlier than others, but when we were all up, we played some Mario Uno. I feel like I won the first round and lost all the rest.

When we'd finished that, some time was spent packing things up. Mom and the kids have a decent drive ahead of them, but it was great to see them and nice of them to bring me lots of things, such as my Parcheesi board game. I expect to have fun with that. They left Disney Apples to Apples for me too. The next time we host a party or have game night at the ward should be a bit more exciting.

For lunch, we went to Angie's. Everyone was excited to "clean the sink", but I wasn't sure they would be able to eat that much ice cream since I knew the portion sizes here were quite big. As expected, everyone was fairly full when it was done, so we skipped cleaning the sink, stopped by Lee's to pick up another box of ice cream, and finished off the first box of Blue Mint at home. 

Mom enthusiastically cut open the ice cream box, which surprised me since I'd thought there was still a lot left. There was- more than Mom had expected. Oh boy. I felt like she was my teenager with eyes bigger than her stomach. But we ate it all and rested for a bit before those guys finished with their packing up and headed home. Quiet, again.

I spent the rest of the day intermittently studying and drawing. Oh, and I took my horticulture quiz the other day too, and forgot to mention it. 44 out of 50 isn't too bad- that means I only missed three. Those questions are brutal because they all seem so subjective. The majority of them are "Which of these is the best/worst option?" questions (For testing soil quality, light bulbs, etc.), which makes things rough.

That light bulb question killed me. I scoured my notes, the PowerPoints, and the Internet. All the bulbs seemed to be usable. And of course I got it wrong. Ah, well. Just a few more weeks and this class is over. I really hope that I can pull through.