Friday, November 11, 2016

Scaring Technology Into Compliance

I paid my adviser a visit today to find out that the issues I've been having with teachers' hours not appearing on the registration website had just been fixed. Because of course they had. Perfectly on time, considering that registration started today for those who have plentiful credits under their belts, I think? Some classes already look full.

But I did learn that creative writing is actually offered as a minor here at Utah State! And a major too! You have to look in a very specific, hidden place to find it, since it doesn't show up on the official lists and doesn't come up with the expected keywords. I told Mom about it on my way back since I knew she'd want to hear as soon as possible.

Today I was able to accomplish quite a fair amount of things I wanted to- I cleaned my bathroom, showered, finished and submitted my chocolate essay (while eating a Hershey's bar I'd been saving for the occasion), read three chapters of my psychology textbook, watched a twelve-minute lecture video for one of my classes, completed an assignment for lifespan development, read some of my friend's work, and even wrote a bit myself. Phew! I am in a good place right now. Although I do need to hit the studying again tomorrow.

I also checked the online schedule that my adviser and I made together and was ticked to find that I couldn't actually view or interact with it since it had been made under her name. I can't even delete it. So I redid the whole thing, perhaps not exactly matching what hers had been, but I now have two slightly-different versions of next term's schedule in my back pocket, waiting to be uploaded with a few clicks in a few days' time. Hopefully I can make it into all the classes I want.

I did get another one of those "hard disc drive failure" messages on my computer this afternoon, but once again a simple reboot appears to have brought everything back to normal for now...