Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Bus and a Trashcan

I forgot to mention yesterday that while we were at the transit center, Demetria and I picked up  those LED keychain lights I wanted to get back in December. They're shaped like buses and pretty cute.


Anyway, today we went to church, as usual. When we got home, I did dishes and painted the trashcan. Luckily, we didn't use a lot of green on the pumpkins during October, so there was more than enough for me.

A house with a window and vines growing in front of it?


I think I'll call it all done, but I don't want to turn it in just yet. I have interior design tomorrow, and I'd like to ask my teacher what the best way to do so is (I want to post a timeline of photos, so I could put them all in an Paint document, but I want to make sure he can open it. I could put them in Word, although I'm 99% sure he said he doesn't accept Word or PDFs. I think he wants Google Docs, but I need to reread his syllabus).

Hopefully I get the chance to talk to him if I can't find the answers in the syllabus- after all, I did sign an agreement saying I'd make no attempt to see him outside of class, and if I remember correctly, last time he came in so close to the start of class that no one really had time to ask him anything.

Tonight, there was a stake auxiliary training meeting, so Demetria and I went out to that. Since those meetings are supposed to be for anyone who has a calling, I was surprised at how few people were there, especially when it was the entire stake.

I was also less than thrilled with the information I got from my meeting when we split into groups according to similar callings. It would seem all the other wards are way ahead of us when it comes to visiting teaching. Demetria and I made plans with one of our people today, but I'm a visiting teaching supervisor (I think?), and I was told that the coordinator was supposed to contact me. 

I actually ran into her at the meeting. Her name is Megan and she plays the piano most days. She told me that the old presidency assigned all the visiting teaching pairs, even though it was technically supposed to be her job, but they never got in contact with her. Our directions have been very unclear (I think I was even told "not to do anything" until the coordinator contacted me, and she said that no one has talked to her either). Megan told me she's going to talk with the presidency and try to clear things up, and I gave her my number so we could keep in touch.

Also, no one in our ward's presidency actually showed up tonight, so now I have a paper I'm supposed to deliver to the first counselor. It doesn't look super important, though- it's the lessons that are supposed to be taught from the Hinckley book on certain days, and I think they're all in order. If I don't lose it, I'll bring it next week, I guess. We've done fine through January so far, so she might already have a list anyway. We had donuts and chocolate milk after the meeting, though. I appreciated that.

I read a chapter in my math textbook tonight, and copied down some more vocabulary words. And yep, I'm still trying to convince my skeptical friends that Youngblood is an awesome character worthy of at least some of their love (they prefer the melting clone who was betrayed by her father figure and I kind of don't blame them). Here are sketches I made of some backstory headcanons:

Youngblood is very brave and kind of a brat, so I can totally see him 
not telling Sitarist he lost his hand because "it would slow them down"

The Ghost Zone's greatest hunter is disappoint.
Skulker and Ember are dating by at least Season 3, so I thought it would
be funny if he had all the shirts she gives out at concerts lying around

Captain's quarters? The image of small Youngblood in a giant 
bed with like seven pillows was too amusing to go undrawn

Sitarist is less than thrilled that Skulker and Technus are tricking
out his easily-distracted and trigger-happy little charge.

I feel like Youngblood was definitely alive during the 60s since "youngblood" was apparently a slang term for a kid or young teenager around that time. I've also heard that his "Wanna watch me launch myself into the hearts of millions?" comment is a reference to the launch of the Apollo spacecraft, although I haven't been able to confirm if that's true. Either way, it's perfect and I accept it. Though now that I'm thinking about it, I believe Ember is supposed to be from the 80s, so she wouldn't be in the Ghost Zone around this time. Ah, well. They're just doodles.

And just to remind everyone that sometimes I draw "Fairly OddParents" characters too, here's Sheldon Dinkleberg and Thaddeus Turner Timmy's dad when they were Squirrely Scouts as kids:

"S! Q! 'uirrely-Y!"
"I think I'll need an alibi."

... "Dinklescouts" is such an underrated episode.