Saturday, January 14, 2017

Fairies All the Live Long Day

They're running sixty hours of "Fairly OddParents" over the weekend, although as the day drew to an end I nervously did some math and found out the episode I really wanted to see was going to be played at about four in morning. The last minute and a half of that episode was interrupted during the one recording that seems to float around the Internet, so I've never heard those last minutes. Since they were playing it now and don't run that style of ads anymore, I was hoping to catch it. Maybe even record it just for fun. Nope. No "Nega-Timmy" for me. Or pixies. All my pixie episodes played through the early hours, reducing the chance of other people seeing and appreciating them. Ah, well.

I had the marathon on for most of the day, just because I could. There were a few episodes I felt like watching again, some of which I've only seen once and over a year ago. A lot of episodes I'm more familiar with, like "Imaginary Gary", so I just left the screen on mute and turned my attention to my homework. I did a chapter of reading this morning, as well as some chores like dishes, cleaning the frog tank, and the bathroom. I did a load of laundry to wash towels and rags. And I cleaned the whole kitchen again (yesterday I just put stuff on the counters away, today I washed the counters and swept the floor, which was a nice chore to do while the fairy show played in the background).

So that's how my day went, me working through homework and occasionally pausing to watch episodes. I got used to seeing the same seven commercials over and over again (the mute button became my good friend). Although, one of the commercials was showing clips from new episodes that are going to start airing on Wednesday. Chloe's finally going to meet Poof (and presumably the creators are going to answer the question of where he was for the entire Season 10 thus far without an explanation). And Sammy Sweetsparkle is apparently going to play a major role, which got me way excited. Sammy's such an obscure character, but I love him. Anyway, it was exciting to see clips of Sammy and Foop playing blocks and dealing with Vicky and stuff. This should be interesting.

They went through a few episodes of Seasons 2 and 4 and all of Season 3 today, minus "Abra-Catastrophe", "Channel Chasers", and the Musical, which are all big movies. After "MicroPhony", I was ready to head out to the store. I waited for the bus for several minutes, since I knew it wouldn't be out for awhile but sometimes it comes earlier rather than later, and it doesn't always stop in front of Blue Square and wait. As I was getting on the bus, I realized that it might have been more efficient to walk to Lee's and then wait for the bus to pick me up, or I could have walked to the gas station just down the hill. I didn't think of that.

So rather than jumping off early at Lee's, I hatched a plan to ride to the transit center. There's a Smith's right next to it. I got off and hurried into the store, grabbed two gallons of milk, went through the self-checkout, and made it back to the bus just before it left the center, since it has to wait there for five minutes. My plan had been to get some Pop Tarts too, but I decided that chancing this outweighed the benefits of waiting. I still have a box back at the apartment, and Demetria brought back a toaster with her, so I can warm up waffles and things for breakfast now too.

The entire trip took about forty-five minutes (so I made it back a minute before I could take the towels out of the dryer, since I'd moved them over right before I'd left). "Wanda's Day Off" was playing, so I picked up where I left off and got back to work. I've typed up almost a hundred vocabulary words into Quizlet for this term so far. That's mostly a mindless activity one can do while watching TV, although of course I made sure I knew each word before I put it in, so I wasn't really mindless copying. 

It's a long process already, but I'll want these notes when it comes time to study. I'll probably have five different abnormal psych Quizlet sets, one for each test- especially since the final isn't continuous. There were lots of words in the book that we didn't talk about in our lectures. I have no idea if this means they're not important, or if we're expected to know them. Better safe than sorry, especially in this class! Maybe people disregarding those terms in the book is why my teacher thinks we'll all get Bs. Better start memorizing them early.

They were having a pizza party down in the student lounge at 5:00. I was holding out hope for Little Caeser's, but it was Domino's. Slightly gross, but still acceptable. I was the first one down there as the RA from my floor and someone else I didn't know were bringing in the pizzas, so I idly picked up one of the remotes and pointed them at the TVs on the wall. There are four TVs arranged in a square so the screens touch. They were running different sports stats. Apparently, if you try to set one to "Fairly OddParents", it sets them all. I left that playing during the party as people began to file in. 

After I'd had three slices of pizza and filled out a Blue Square survey (Aha, it was a trap!), I left to go back upstairs. I'd known when I came down that I was coming more for the pizza than the social aspect. Add to that the way everyone seemed to be arriving with their friends and didn't seem interested in talking to me. Plus, the arcade machine that plays Mappy was shut down. I could have fiddled with it, maybe (I didn't even check to see if it was plugged in), but mostly I was just here for pizza and I wanted to get back to work upstairs.

I continued reading my textbook and adding vocabulary words for awhile longer, took some time for myself to draw and do some personal research on slang terms from different time periods, and finally went to bed, still a bit disappointed that I would miss "Nega-Timmy". But, I enjoyed my day and I got a lot of work done that I needed to. I hope the rest of my family are having fun up at the cabin this weekend!