Friday, January 6, 2017

Imaaagination!

I got ready today to head up to campus so I could meet with the advisers of the English department (or one of them in particular). It was a twenty-minute walk uphill in -13 degrees weather, so that was fun. Here's what the weather app had to say about it, and the wind:

6 degrees was the high of the day

The sidewalks were shoveled, at least, but to the sides of the path, the snow was up to my knees. In some places it was up to my hips.



It was kind of funny. The psychology adviser people have all been very nice to me, presumably because they're trained to help and encourage teens and such. The English advisers all acted a bit snotty, which I suppose is only to be expected, heh heh. Despite them doing walk-ins, they tried to send me away because I wasn't a declared English major or minor, even though declaring myself an English minor was exactly what I had come for. Eventually I argued my way in, and then killed time while I waited for my turn to have my appointment.

The psychology adviser had told me there was a creative writing minor offered by the school, and found it hidden on some page after clicking a bunch of times. Supposedly. However, the people here told me repeatedly that there was no creative writing minor, and seemed rather annoyed that I had come. I also learned the reason why I wasn't able to get into my fiction writing class: That's a class only for "English majors with a creative writing emphasis". Apparently there are other fiction writing classes, but I picked the one that it's impossible for me to get in.

After declaring myself an English minor (I figured why not, though I might drop out of it later, especially if it ends up making me take an extra year of college), I headed back to Blue Square. Some IT people came in to "check, test, and label" a cord from the box on the wall of Demetria's closet. I should have told them they could switch off the light in her room... It's been on ever since she left.

I've been in an Imaginary Gary mood, so I drew a lot of him today. Thought I'd give him rainbow powers as a reference to the famous "SpongeBob" episode, "The Idiot Box".

Chaotic good five-year-old imaginary friends are the best

And I also found out that apparently I left my only pencil sharpener at home, so I have to get by with not sharpening my pencils for a couple of weeks. At least I have, like, twenty-five of them, so I should be fine for awhile, and I have pens too.

Lacking a sharpener didn't stop me from doing a sketchpage of I.G. and Nega-Timmy though, because I need more fashionable Unwish Island roommates with bad teeth in my life. I love vacations and doing whatever I want.

“Please stop leaving body parts of my dead BFF on my bed cool kthx.”
“Jutht go print another one and get out of my life. 
You don’t underthtand me.”

Of course, I drew these while I watched more "Danny Phantom" episodes. I'm really enjoying the show's fun characters and constant continuity. Butch Hartman's very good at what he does, apparently. I'm gonna have to draw my favorite character from that show one of these days. Plot twist- against all odds it's Youngblood. Maybe some Box Ghost too (Beware!) and Tucker and Valerie. Valerie is good. And Danny himself. It's always pleasant when the protagonist is a serious competitor for favorite character.

But why do I always end up with the weird and obscure side characters to love?