Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Return of the Freshman

I packed up my things today, and after a stop at the Original House of Pancakes for a delicious Nutella crepe, Mom and I were on the move! School starts next Monday for me (although Stockton, Jorja, and Preston all had to go back today). I wanted to have some time to relax and readjust to being back at college before school officially started again, and I wanted to find all of my classes.

When I came back to my apartment, the fire alarm in the living room was beeping! Apparently it's out of batteries, so it's just been beeping for a long while. Yikes. We went downstairs and talked to the lady in the office, and she helped us put in a work request for someone to fix it. Hopefully they come soon. Although, Mom and I did have to listen to it all night...

We walked to a few areas of campus I hadn't seen before, like this tunnel that goes under the road and opens into a small parking lot on a hillside overlooking a valley:





After we checked out all my classes, we went shopping for groceries. Then we unpacked clothes and such, and sat at the kitchen counter. We ate lemon poppy seed mini muffins and drank chocolate milk and orange juice while we talked. I hoped there was something good on TV we could watch. I went through every channel, but promising options were limited. 

We eventually settled on "SpongeBob", which I know Mom doesn't like, but I couldn't resist because they were airing the famous camping episode. You can't turn down the camping episode! They aired the cook exchange program episode as well, and the one where Plankton turns everyone into babies and old people.

And eventually we did get to bed. Mom thought it would be fun to sleep over, and she didn't have to drive in the snow in the dark, so that was great. Although, that dang fire alarm wouldn't shut up. Ah, well. I think I'll enjoy being back here in my own space, breaking it in before Demetria's return.