Friday, January 27, 2017

Paper Badger

I went to English class this morning. My teacher was still out sick, but this time we had a sub to sit with us while we worked on our group projects. Our presentations are coming along.

I did a bit of cleaning and homework until Mom came to pick me up. The nice thing about living only two hours away from home is that when my parents come to visit me, they buy me groceries, and I can get said groceries back to my place in a car. That means I can buy lots of groceries at a time. One of our cool finds was a bag of Mini Chewy SweeTarts that were just the purples and the reds. Nice.

I was also pretty excited because I found the Lee's Marketplace mascot. Every time I come I look for him, but I never knew if I was looking for a picture or a stuffed animal or what. He was in plain sight today, though! I was pretty excited and the lady at the front desk let me pick out a Dum-Dum sucker.

In the back by the meat and cheese

After shopping, Mom and I carted our goods back to Blue Square, then went to the Aggie Marketplace on campus for lunch. When I'm there I usually try to get meat and vegetables, but this time I just went with spaghetti, rolls, and ice cream. I also tried a slice of pizza, since it was the first time I'd seen cheese pizza here and it was the last slice. The lady gave me more ice cream than I was expecting, but I won't complain. And I got the last of the chocolate milk before the machine emptied, and then the first of the next batch when it was refilled.

Once lunch was over, we bought a birthday gift for Stockton at the campus store. I knew exactly what I wanted and I think he'll like it. After I was packed, which didn't take too long since I'm just leaving for the weekend, then Mom drove me home. The cool thing about Fridays is, I only have one class and it's first thing in the morning. It makes trips like this much easier.

My family introduced me to two new games tonight they'd bought while I was away. One was called Colt Express, which is a three-dimensional game involving bandits, trains, and action cards. It's a bit long, but it requires a lot of strategy and memory to succeed. I played as Django.

The second was Code Name, where where team member has to give clues and the rest study the words before them trying to figure out which ones are Red Team agents, Blue Team agents, bystanders, and in one case an assassin. Both were pretty cool and we should get some good fun out of them over the years!