Saturday, January 28, 2017

Brother's Seventeen

Today was Stockton's birthday! I got him another nice ping-pong paddle to match the one I got him for Christmas, and a king-size Hershey's bar. He seemed satisfied.

This morning Mom took me to my laser hair removal treatment, and after that we went to Kneaders because Stockton decided that he wanted their bread for his birthday breakfast. Weird, but okay.

Apparently he's been working on this computer game called "Dumb RPG" that he was really excited to show me. When Great-Grandma Parry and Grandpa Jack were still alive, we used to visit them every time we went up to Idaho. I don't remember a little toy called Bruno the Kid very well, but apparently Stockton does, because he usually brings him up when we talk about Grandma and Grandpa. He created a sprite for Bruno and made him the main character of this game. I was impressed, since this is the first time I've seen one of us create an RPG using Multimedia Fusion that actually worked. Huh.

We played another game of Colt Express with one of the expansion packs Stockton got for his birthday. Jorja played as Sam Ford the marshal, who plays the game differently than all the bandits do. She surprised everyone by winning. Nice.

Tonight, we paid a visit to the Hodsons. They were having a Chinese New Year party for the Year of the Rooster. As is tradition, people entered a contest to draw the symbol for the year's animal. I wasn't feeling it this year and elected not to, though I regretted that decision when I saw Nathan had gone all out for the prizes this year. Jorja took first and won herself twenty dollars:

I wouldn't have beaten that anyway

 Preston, Stockton, and Jorja

Stockton also had a cake, of course. He enjoys Cold Stone ice cream cakes "as chocolate-y as they can make it".

17 in 2017!

After a car wash, we returned home and ended our day watching "Bruno the Kid", because that's what Stockton wanted for his birthday. That was entertaining, to say the least. I think he had an enjoyable day all in all.