Sunday, January 1, 2017

One Year Newer and Wiser Too

I thought today was pretty relaxing. I did some writing this morning, and then of course we went to church. I also drew a sketch of Gavin and Ethel that I'd like to color when I get home, finalizing their designs and stuff. It's not like I had to draw them in order to write them, but it does help me. Krinnish clothing styles differ from those in Sikhoria, and now I know where pockets are, and other details like buttons, ties, and shoes. The setting of this story has always been tropical, and it was kind of ridiculous to have my characters in long sleeves, even if in one draft Ethel's long sleeves were due to hiding the magical markings on her skin.

I caught up on several posts of my blog (My pictures decided not to upload automatically, so I uploaded them all individually, then it didn't work so I had to e-mail each one). Dad made grilled cheese for dinner, delivered by his battery-powered train.

And that was our day. Here is to a new year! 2017, welcome to the club!