Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cheyenne Wins!

This morning I attended stake conference with my family, and we had a new stake president called. I ended up staying for most of the day. I did statistics homework and we had fajitas for dinner (delivered around the table courtesy of the train, of course). We also played another Colt Express game, this time with the Horses and Stagecoach expansion added in. Instead of Django, I played as Cheyenne. The entire game I kept regretting my moves and thought I was doing terribly, but I ended up winning! It was pretty nice to break Doc's daughter out of the jail car on the very first turn and draw seven cards for the rest of the game. 

At one point Cheyenne punched Ghost (played by Preston), so he dropped the valuable $1,000 suitcase. Unfortunately, for several turns I didn't have the card in my hand that would let me pick it up off the ground. I was hoping the others would forget it was there, since everyone was focusing on doing their own thing. Finally, Stockton played a "loot" card, and I was able to use "bright idea" to copy his last action and take the case. Oh, and Preston also took the poodle hostage early in the game, and took damage all the way to the end.

Stockton finished the last few levels of "Dumb RPG" tonight and wanted to show them to me. It took me a few tries on some of the bosses, but I made it!

That was the last of it for me. I'd gotten all packed up, so Dad and I hit the road for Logan. Demetria wasn't here when I got back, actually (she has a performance coming up and has to stay late all week to practice), so I took the time to get some homework done. I finished a long assignment for my psychology as a career class, and had time to revise my group's MKUltra presentation for tomorrow. There's a lot of homework to be done in college, especially since you can't finish it during class time like you often could in high school, but so long as you stay on top of things, it's not so bad!