Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I'm So Sorry I Can't Control My Inner Fangirl

Another day of working interspersed with the occasional doodle...... I sketched a hilarious boy whom we all know has elbowed his way into my life this last week. Days. It's only been five days!

This child has literal helicopter parents (who I did not finish 
drawing yet) and if this isn't a beautifully-creative character 
concept then I don't know what is. How does Butch do it?

Pretty happy with the way he came out, though his arm has been and still is serious trouble. I drew him because I love him, but I also know that Butch is looking for cool fanart to feature on his Instagram. He's mostly gotten Dannys and a Bunsen or two, so maybe tomorrow I'll try finishing this puppy up. I have pretty mixed feelings about being featured given the loss of anonymity, but I'd love to leave a comment telling him how much I adore this poor child and the people writing him, because I'd like to hear such thoughts from fans if our positions were reversed. I. Love. This. Boy.

My plan was to just watch this show up until the "Fairly OddParents" crossover episode, but holy cow, things escalated so fast for a series that isn't supposed to have an ongoing plotline, what the heck, Mikey? Obvious passive-aggressiveness in his introductory scene. Ability to lie with a straight face seen in Episode 2. Neglectful upbringing confirmed by Episode 3. Power trip by Episode 5. Casual manipulation smeared across Episode 7. Blatant manipulation of severely-uncomfortable best friend by Episode 8. Bunsen's inner turmoil concerning the beast code of honor by Episode 10. Absolute selfishness by Episode 12... Why am I always so in love with Butch's shows?

I live for cute and happy stories littered with strong characters and that run rampant with dark undertones, that's why. It's what I try to write and it's what I love to see. Nothing snags my attention faster than a problematic "good" character with a confirmed interest in psychology.

There's not that much else to say about today, only that the last time she was up here, my mom bought me a package of Peeps which I haven't opened yet (because what if I want them later? And then what if I want them more later?), but it occurred to me that having one Peep after each finished article summary might be a good reinforcer to get me to work. This occurred to me when it was late and I didn't want the box to be open all night, but that should help a lot tomorrow. Crazy how it's already Wednesday! Glad I get to stay home instead of wander around campus!