Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Great Cartoon Bat Migration

Since I don't have much to talk about today, I thought I'd say that today was the first day this week that I've walked past the student parking garage and the sign that says "Lot full" wasn't glowing. I don't know what the cars do when it's full- I've seen them waiting to get in. I'm sure there are many benefits to having a car on campus, but it's things like these that always make me glad I don't have to deal with it!

My morning consisted of doing online math homework and then going to my stats class and coming home for my break. I don't know if anyone remembers me bringing up that "Fairly OddParents" episode several weeks ago where I mentioned that apparently Anti-Cosmo and Anti-Wanda "moved away" without telling Foop where they were going while he was at school for the winter, but it's been itching at me for awhile and I decided to do a little research while I ate lunch. 

So, the time period between winter semester and spring break? Yep. That would be smack in the middle of the migration season for the Mexican free-tailed bats (which I had previously determined were the bats those three share their bat traits with), and Jen, Linzie, and I got a good laugh out of this. You'll understand why you weren't invited when you're older, Foop. This was possibly not an intentional joke, but the three of us do like the migration theory better than "they moved away without telling their son and he's been living in the castle alone this entire time", so I'm keeping it.

Anyway, I went back up to campus for abnormal psych. We're starting a new unit about somatic disorders. I don't have much to study over spring break, which should be nice! After I came home, I took a break to do some writing (or revising, rather). I texted Alison. I had tried to get ahold of her on Tuesday, but after the first two texts or so, she asked if we could talk later, because she was in the middle of something. 

I was kind of surprised, because I had walked with her after we went to lunch at the Skyroom that one day, and she'd implied she had a class at the same time I did. I'd waited about half an hour after my class to contact her, thinking that her class would have ended around the same time mine did, and that she would be available (or at least, that she wouldn't answer the text at all if she was busy, because that seems silly). Today I found out that the reason she was busy was because she was in a skiing accident that ended with her in the ER. Well, that'd do it!

So my day was pretty simple. Mostly, I did a lot of math for the rest of the night. It wasn't fun, but it had to be done!