Sunday, March 26, 2017

Stuff Like That

Today was simple. Demetria and I got a ride to church with a girl we ran across in the elevator, who I should probably know but didn't recognize. Demetria knew her.

Our talks today were about the Atonement. I liked the first girl who spoke, and talked about growing up on a farm in a small Idaho town, and caring for baby bulls (steers) as one of her chores. Apart from digging them out of the snow every day in winter, and taking care of them before and after school on top of other chores and homework, the steers needed to be fed. They were supposed to suckle from bottles that had been given them, but they constantly refused. The bottles were there, all set up and ready to go, at the right temperature and everything that was supposed to help them grow up big and strong, but they didn't want to drink. I guess it was too much effort. It's important to remember that the Atonement is there for us, right there, and we need to make use of it, and not ignore it the way the steers did with their milk.

Aside from church, I stayed home and spent some time doing things I wanted to do. Mostly I drew, did some basic chores, and ate. Wrote. Thought about my school schedule for next term and tried to think through some things there. Watched the new "Bunsen" episodes. Things like that. Trying to get back into the routine of taking care of myself, and preparing for more school classes tomorrow. 

This coming week should have a lighter workload. I had originally planned to get my math homework done today so that I wouldn't have it hanging over me throughout the week, until I remembered that we don't have an Aplia assignments due. Just the lab, and prepping for what I think is our final test- another take-home one.

Anyway, stuff like that.