Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Mail Store

I had my hair-removal appointment this morning... it hurt a lot. The last few times I've been on the same setting, but they turned it up again this time and it was very painful. I knew it was going to get worse, but I wish it didn't have to. Or I wish I understood why I'm required to stay with them for two years even when I started seeing results after the first or second time (Mom wanted me to do this so I wouldn't gross out my future husband, and it seems to me like no man within my dating pool could possibly be grossed out by how little hair I have left, especially since I can't imagine being seriously interested in a man who cares that much about leg hair when he probably has plenty of it himself, but oh well. I don't get to choose everything).

But, at least I have really long socks I can wear, and I made it most of the day without scratching at the swollen lumps on my leg. I did get a little itch-happy at the end of the day, but I don't think there was blood this time, so I'll count it as a success.

On our way home from the appointment, Mom and I swung by the pet store to get crickets for Jorja's frog and dropped by Grandpa's house. Apparently Anne has been telling my mom that she only has three kids now because I'm missing and don't live with my parents anymore. So, I said hi to her. She was pretty pleased to see me.

After relaxing at home for a little while, Mom and I headed out again, this time to the grocery store to buy some cereal, chips, and candy to send to my friend Dallin who's on a mission in South Korea. We threw in some Girl Scout cookies too. Mom had Collin's handprints to send John and Cassie, so it worked pretty well, visiting the post office and all. Hopefully everything makes it okay.

I got some writing done this afternoon, and Mom looked at my class options with me and helped me work out some schedule ideas for fall semester. Crazy how registration is coming up soon! She also found a bunch of USU scholarships that I could try applying for. Unfortunately the deadline for all of them is Monday, but maybe I'll get lucky and most of them will simply ask me to fill out a form and not write large essays. I've done one so far!