Friday, March 3, 2017

So Many Wasp Dads, So Little Time

So I cleaned the bathroom this morning before heading out to the library, which is where my English class was meeting for the day. It was supposed to be a research day of gathering articles. Luckily I had plenty. Now I just need to read them and do these write-ups. The write-ups, fortunately, can be informal (some of the commentary in my teacher's example annotated biography made me laugh), so that should make things easier.

Spring break is here! It's one week long and it will probably fly by faster than I want it to, but I'll do my best to enjoy it. I have some work and studying I want to do, though mostly I should get a lot of free time to myself, which will be very nice and much appreciated. I'd like to see if I can get my "Stars and Finches" outline into a good place. We'll see.

After coming back from the library, I finished my PowerPoint assignment for my career class, took a bit of a break, then took a stats quiz. 9/10 isn't so bad, at least. With that out of the way, I decided to spend my first day of spring break doing some writing that I've been wanting to. Except, Jen distracted me by drawing the Head Pixie in FOP style. Linzie had drawn him in a slightly stylized but mostly FOP style back in November, so they wanted to see me take another whack at it. My first attempt from a few weeks ago came out poorly, but this one isn't too bad:

"And I'm surrounded by pixies who tell me what I want to hear all day! D:<"

I was kinda in a rush so I forgot his eyebrows
and the arm of his glasses, but close enough!

For comparison, here are a couple of drawings I did a bit ago of H.P. (in his younger days):

Don't bother asking for context because the answer is butterflies

Yeah, I like drawing him in my style better~

It was funny, because shortly after I'd sent Jen and Linzie that H.P. sketch over Skype (I hadn't even closed my drawing program), my other friend who isn't on Skype (the writer friend who likes Norm the genie, if any of you remember that) decided that she wanted to draw H.P. in show style as a gift for me because she knows I like him (and as a thank you for drawing Norm for her), so I just got showered in H.P. today. It was great.

Like I said, most of my evening passed with writing, and lots of researching. A bit of "ChalkZone" watching. Things like that. A nice way to start the break off. We'll see how it goes!