Wednesday, March 15, 2017

"To Help Animals"

I've been trying to find the time to meet with my psychology advisers. My hope was that I could do it at the same time I spoke to my behavioral analysis teacher from last semester, so I could ask him about the opportunity as research assistant in the advanced rat lab. Unfortunately, since the semester is over, his information is no longer on Canvas, and I apparently erased it when I wrote that document. His office is in the same floor of the same building as my advisers, but I'm pretty sure his hours are at completely different times.

Anyway, after I couldn't find his information, I decided to forget that plan. I'd ask my advisers about the lab instead. While there, I would tell them I have enough credits to apply to be an actual psychology major and not just a pre-psychology one, and I could run my schedule for next semester by them too before rush week arrives. So after English, I crossed campus and climbed the four floors to their office, and... A sign on the door said the advisers would not be seeing anyone today because they have meetings to attend. 

Okay, I deserved that. After all, I hadn't made an appointment (I don't like making the appointments because I like the flexibility offered by the walk-ins). Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet with them tomorrow because their hours conflict with those of my stats class. They don't have office hours for Friday. I guess I'll have to set up an appointment next week when this huge homework load is lighter. Drat!

At least this building is the same one where my next two classes would be, so I settled down to wait for an hour. It's nice to have online math homework, so I was able to continue working on that.

I had my stats lab, and stole some time to do more math. For one of the questions I got 17/18 on my first try, so that was nice. Then it was career class, and from there I went to the TSC for lunch. On my way there, some guy shoved a flyer in my face and asked if I wanted "to help animals". Considering that I'd just spent the last hour thinking about how I'd really like to train service dogs or animals for movies and not go into any of these careers that the guest speakers were discussing, I couldn't find it in my heart to refuse, so I said sure and took it. When I glanced at it later, I was amused to see it was just a pamphlet about why I should become vegetarian. Clever hook, buddy.

Then it was interior design and, later, Institute. Thanks to Daylight Savings, it's actually still light out when that last class gets out! Certainly makes walking back less intimidating. Though, the bus pulled up right as I reached the stop, so that was perfect timing. I usually miss it by five seconds or something.

Yep. I worked on math and English when I came home. And my next test for abnormal psych is pretty soon, so got to study for that!