Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stake Conference: Saturday Edition

Hmm.... What did I do today? I wanted to catch the new "Bunsen" episodes, but I checked at three different times while trying to compensate for the time zone differences, and I guess I missed it. Mostly it looked like it was "Power Rangers", "Amazing World of Gumball", and "Loud House".

I got some work done. Studied my abnormal psych terms, and finished that English annotated bibliography project. Yes! That massive thing is off my hands now!

Late in the afternoon, Demetria told me she was heading out to stake conference. What? Now that I'm an adult, it's hard to remember that adults go to stake conference on both Sunday and Saturday. I think she'd assumed that I didn't want to go since I hadn't brought it up with her. Of course, last week I was out of town, so I hadn't gotten a reminder.

Anyway, I scrambled to get dressed and joined her. One speaker was interesting. He spoke more like he was at a fireside, and came down from the podium and walked over to a white board that he'd wheeled into the chapel. He drew things and made jokes and... it seemed more fireside-ish than I was expecting for the chapel, but people seemed to like it.

Demetria and I had planned to play Parcheesi tonight, but it didn't end up happening. I did get a lot of homework and studying done, though. So much to do over these next few weeks! Still, has to be done!