Monday, April 3, 2017

Cancelled English (Again)

Somewhat surprisingly, somewhat unsurprisingly, English class was cancelled again this morning. My teacher advised us to work on our next English project, but I spent the morning finishing my career class data-driven article assignment that I'd forgotten was due today. It wasn't too big of an assignment and I had already selected several articles to read, but my career class always makes assignments due at 1:30 (when class starts) instead of at midnight. I was able to finish my report, though, and I think I did well.

We took a quiz on our reading in career class. I scored 100%, so that's pretty awesome! This evening there was a stake activity in the gym, and they were having Domino's pizza. I attended that. There were easily a hundred boxes of pizza there. Nice!

We received a new project assignment in interior design class. We need to arrange, draw, or render a room according to a color harmony, and then create a swatch board that includes either color swatch squares from Home Depot or the paint actually painted on the board. I don't think there's much I can do with a rented apartment (and I don't know why he always seems surprised by how many of his students lack the ability to buy major pieces of furniture or rearrange multiple rooms), so after class, I called Mom. 

I'm going to attempt a monochromatic color scheme- I was thinking purple. She and Stockton are coming up to do a tour of USU tomorrow, and we were going to be meeting for lunch. They agreed to buy me groceries too. When I called Mom, I asked her if she could take me to home depot so I could pick up some color samples and, hopefully, a sample of carpet and a counter top too (I wonder if my teacher will be upset if I just take pictures of the counter top and carpet. Probably very; he likes to remind us that he didn't make us buy textbooks for this class, so the money we saved there can be spent on our projects).

It will certainly be much easier to visit home depot in a car than it will be too search out the bus routes and time my trip right! Luckily this is perfect timing. I'm grateful my mom and brother are willing to take some extra time out of their day to help me get where I need to go. Welcome to college life!