Sunday, April 2, 2017

Spring Conference: Day 2

More Conference today. I had some Cheetos. Did more drawing and listened to talks. There were some really good ones.

Linzie streamed for part of the day too. We collaborated and pulled together an older Rudy Tabootie hipster design (Rudy being the protagonist of "ChalkZone"), which she nailed. Linzie hasn't watched much of ChalkZone yet due to business of school life and some Internet issues, but as an artist herself and from what info I brought up when fetching her reference screenshots, she said she could relate to and loves him a lot, and is excited to continue the show.

He's an exhausted artist and has grown too big for many of the chalkboards he used to enter and exit ChalkZone as a kid, and he does his best to manage the stress of school with life in the butcher shop, the needs of ChalkZone, and probably with his girlfriend Penny (after they finally get together despite Rudy being horrible with commitment like that). I think she understands how much he's juggling, though, and generally takes care of herself and doesn't need lots of attention. She keeps herself busy with her own homework, community projects, and helping her mom with the veterinary stuff. Funny how a veterinarian's daughter and a butcher's son ended up being the best of friends. I'll bet they have very different views of cows.

Speaking of girls not needing lots of attention from boys, Dallin received my package and wrote me an excited email of thanks. He said he felt bad about not writing to me more, and that he's excited to come to USU when his mission is done. I wrote back and said that I preferred him working hard in the mission field and bringing the gospel to others to him writing me, and said we'd have to meet up for lunch and Aggie ice cream sometime and talk, and I could show him around campus. He'll be in the Bullen Hall. I'll have to figure out where that is.

It's always sad when Conference has to end. It's a nice excuse to relax instead of worry about school. I needed time to relax at this time of year. I'll certainly look forward to listening to more in another six months! I wonder how my life will be then.