Saturday, April 1, 2017

Spring Conference: Day 1

Ah, General Conference! I got a lot of drawing done. I was glad to see Elder Holland speak, since I don't think he did last time (except in the men's session). And of course, all the other talks were great as well.

During the break, I made a joke to Jen and Linzie that, "Cheetos are lunch, right?" because I had an unopened bag of Cheetos and I didn't want to pull out all my other food. To my surprise, they reacted pretty strongly to that, and demanded I eat something better. I rolled my eyes and said, "Fine, I'll make corn and a ham and cheese sandwich instead. I'll even take a picture to prove it."

My bread had gone moldy (they really need to sell smaller loaves for people like me who live alone / in an apartment with a gluten-free roommate), but I made and ate lots of corn, and found some other food that satisfied my friends. When I showed them the picture, I said, "Today on, 'I can't handle disappointing others and am now making better, healthy choices in my life..."

There was more Conference to watch later, of course, and more drawing got done. I squeezed some writing in there this afternoon as well (after my English was finished and submitted, of course). Mom called eventually to check up on me and we talked for a bit. Sounds like my family is enjoying Conference back at their place too!