Friday, April 7, 2017

Linzie's Got the Chalk!

Friday was a little busy! I spent Thursday evening finishing up math assignments and various online quizzes for my classes. I saved the big English project for today. It took a pretty long time, but I eventually got it done and submitted. Oh, and I had to finish my interior design project too.

We were released very early from English class (My teacher was pretty annoyed that not very many people had read the reading for today, and she was tired and maybe still a little sick). I swung by the student center to print images for my swatch board via the colored printer, since my printer can only do black and white. I cut them out when I made it home.

Jen headed out into the world today, unsure of when she would be back to talk to us. She's still a little uncertain about the moving deal, but I'm pretty excited for her. She hasn't been living in the best of conditions, and apart from the occasional weird neighbor, I think her new home will suit her and her family much better.

Linzie... Linzie had one day of leftover data to spend for some reason or other, either before she ran out or got a new batch for the next month- I think it was the latter. Either way, she watched "ChalkZone" all day long. And I mean all day long. She pulled an all-nighter for this, and was still going when I went to bed. As an artist herself, she felt a certain connection to Rudy. She's also a sucker for protagonists who have serious character flaws and mistakes, so she got hooked. Plus, the worldbuilding and storytelling of the show are just wonderful in general. She had a lot of fun. At least it was a Friday night for her, and she had no Saturday plans!

I finished and uploaded my interior design project today. I chose to do an office space, and this was the result of the render I made with Homestyler:


I focused on red and green since I was supposed to have a complementary color scheme. Of course, because my first choice had been purple, I played around with it some more and got this design:



I do prefer the purple, but unfortunately I hadn't picked up any purple color swatches from Lowe's. Drat. So, I submitted the green design to my teacher. After all, it had to match my swatch board!