Friday, April 28, 2017

When In Hawaii...

This morning, Demetria and I headed down to the RA's apartment to sign up for room check-outs. Demetria ended up deciding to sign for her room later (mostly because she still needs to figure out when she can move into her room for the summer, and specifically when the people there will be moving out). We hadn't brought writing utensils with us, so I grabbed one when I called up Mom. I let her know which times were available (only one of them - the very last one - had been taken) and we worked out when she and Dad will be able to pick me up. I'm checking out Thursday at 2:20 in the afternoon. Under a week from now!

I met with Jeff at 1:00 in the YETC. Many of our classmates were bustling around there (though not quite as much as my visit before the last test). Jake and I had already finished the paper portion of the test, except for a step that we missed in one of the equations. We completed it and worked on the SPSS stuff with the graphing and tables. It took us two hours, but the class TA was willing to grade them right there, and we both scored 50 out of 50! Not bad for a math class final.

I said good-bye to Jeff for the year and moved from there to the TSC. I sat on a couch and waited to be hungry, and blogged some. Finally, I headed into the Marketplace for what I knew might be my last meal at the buffet. I sat in a booth seat near the drinks and deserts with a man who, after awhile, called his wife. They talked about their plans for visiting Hawaii this summer. He already had a list of things to do on his laptop. When he had finished talking to her, I recommended he check out Aloha Crepes while he was there. My family loved it when we went. Not only were the crepes good, but they have these tasty things called "Snowflakes" there, which are something like Snocone shavings mixed with cream. I especially liked the chocolate. I did warn him, though, that he and his wife definitely needed to go at a time when they could afford the time commitment. It's a very popular and very small place, so it doesn't always work when you're in a rush.

Tonight, I finished and submitted my essay for good! I read over it multiple times, and I think it came out nicely. It's nine pages long (not including the works cited) and it should bring me a decent grade!