Monday, April 24, 2017

Two Fewer Classes

I didn't have class until 1:30 today. We're done meeting in English as a class, though my teacher is offering to meet with us individually if we schedule a time to see her. I wrote her an email today requesting to meet with her Tuesday morning after my stats class.

It was also my final day in my psychology as a career and profession class! Our teacher answered general questions about grad school, and then we all filled out a paper about what we liked about the course and where we thought improvements could be made. Since we were let go early, I went back to Blue Square for a bit instead of heading straight to my next class.

We had a work day in interior design, so it was nice to have my laptop with me. Unfortunately, I think I left the mouse for it at home. Luckily I'm going back there in ten days! I got by okay using the trackpad, though, and gathered things for my swatch board. I also studied many mid-century modern kitchens. Unfortunately, none of them really seem to match the color swatch I picked out with Mom. Oops. Colored walls can be a thing, but I guess wooden ones are the main style. I do have the wood samples left over from my last design, at least.

Our teacher came around to check up on us individually. He seemed impressed when I told him that I'd already picked the style I was doing (unlike the girl next to me) and that I had my samples with me. He even had me sign a paper, though he didn't say what it was for, and he only offered it to a few people. Perhaps it's for extra credit, or he wants to offer me some kind of cool opportunity? I'm not sure. I hope it's good news, anyway!

So, I've finished my render of the mid-century modern kitchen:




We're supposed to post an in-progress picture of our work by this Friday, and turn in the final next week. Even though this design doesn't match my sample choices, I really like the look of it, so it'll be good to turn in to show my progress. I did refer to many mid-century modern kitchens as I worked, but I came up with the layout and stuff here myself. I'll make more changes later, like perhaps removing the baseboards off the brick wall. We'll see what my classmates have to say!